We just updated RIVE: Ultimate Edition for Nintendo Switch to version 1.21, which adds the much-requested video recording feature!
The feature works just like in other compatible games on Nintendo Switch: hold down the capture button during gameplay. This will create a video clip of the last 30 seconds. You can then view the saved videos in your album, trim the beginning and end of each clip, and post videos to your Facebook page and Twitter feed.
So what are you waiting for? Capture your most amazing RIVE maneuvers and share them with your friends!
Here are the full release notes for version 1.21:
- Added video recording.
- Improved the checkpoint system, so there’s an even smaller chance you die, respawn and get stuck in a loop of hell in a loop of hell in a loop of hell.
- Improved support for Asian characters in the Leaderboards, like テ but not like Major Motoko Kusanagi.
- Your Achievements now survive the Reset Save Data option in the RIVE Settings menu. Deliberately want to get rid of them? The Delete Save Data option in the Switch System Settings is way more ruthless.
- Fixed an issue where foggy levels could look iffy after switching from TV mode to handheld/tabletop mode and vice versa. Now they look mesmerizing all of the time.
- Fixed an issue with positional audio effects, so their volume is no longer INCORRECTLY LOUD.
- Various other small fixes and improvements.
Enjoy the game!